Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Art of Toys


A few months ago, I was commissioned (by a really rad dude) to do a custom toy of one of his favorite characters. Ta! Da! Pa! Pa! Pa-aaaaaaah! . . . TEEMO! Come on, we all know who Teemo is, right?  You don't?!?!?!?!? Malicious peas! OMG! Please, O' please go and educate yourselves. PLEASE!  Come on! Teemo is like the cutest thing around next to monsters and Hello Kitty. Word! *lol*

Anyway, I cautiously advised him that it would take sometime for me to even get started, since I was doing shows like they were going out of style. May I add that doing shows back to back for five months straight is not as fun as it sounds. Days without sleep, proper nutrition and pain-dead wrist is no joke people. NO JOKE! Even after the fact that it would take me till the end of this year to get started was not good enough to stop him from commissioning me. He wanted me and no one else. Period! --- Wow! Quite frankly that made me feel sort of special, given the fact that there are SO-OOOOOO many toy artists out there who do AMAZING work, don't believe me? Check out Shadoe Delgado.

This particular custom is very special and dear to me; not because it involves a cute fox who rocks my socks, but because of how much of a challenge this will be in terms of my artistic abilities, my understanding of the materials and 3d. Bahahahahaha! Auwgh! Yup! This is one of those projects that is sure to kick my butt to the 10 raised to the 10th power raised to the 123rd power in Quantum. I particularly love (enjoy) these type of projects because there is nothing more creative for an artist then to grow and keep expanding. The death of art lies in the monotonous. *eeeeeeek* Anywoo, here is a sketch (teaser) of what is about to take life in the next couple of days. Stay tuned! 


E.-

No comments: