Saturday, September 21, 2013


Brand new sketchbook. WOO! HOO! Courtesy of Big C.  By the way, go check his stuff out.

To celebrate in honor of my happy feet. Getting a new sketchbook is something of a great deal for nerds like me. Anyway, as I was saying, as a gesture of celebration, I decided to sketch on its first page. I normally don't do a whole lot of rough sketching. My sketching style is much refined to be called a sketch (or so I been told) so I decided to loosen up a bit and be a bit messy with my lines. 

Lately, I been having all sorts of vivid dreams. One that really stuck with me was a dream I had about two nights ago. In my dream, I saw a woman; a beautiful woman at that, sitting on what appeared to  to be a big throne. Quite big for her small frame, actually. She was dressed in a much revealing outfit, almost to the point of not leaving much to the imagination. She had some kind of crown . . . I don't know. All I remember is that I thought her head piece was massive, beautiful, detailed and excessively intricate, like the head piece a queen would wear.  It wowed me! On her lap sat a Black Widow. Uh? Weird. She sat before me . . . staring at me with such powerful and deep gaze. It was soul penetrating. She didn't say a word, but somehow, I knew that the rotten, red apple she held in her right hand was being offered to me. Under her feet laid scatter remains of human bones and skulls. 

I don't know what the dream meant or why I even dreamt of such things. All I know is that she still haunts my mind. I been thinking about her quite a lot today . . . maybe because its been raining and rainy days inspired me so much or simply because the voices in my head cannot deal with her presence and must let her out . . . I don't know. All I know is that I need to capture her essence on paper and share her with the world. 

The first sketches to go on my new sketchbook are just rough ideas of that dream I had. I can't wait to bring this new piece to life. I haven't yet decided what colors I am going to be working with or what medium for that matter. However, I know that I will titled this piece . . .

THE BLACK WIDOW'S GAZE




No comments: