Sunday, February 3, 2013

Update . . .

Yikes! I have totally neglected this poor blog and now is even sadder than a funeral in here. Since my last post (eons ago) so much has been going on from resuming art classes at Cogswell to supporting my other half with his art career and shows to even getting in the mess of shows myself all over again. Last year was a busy year for me in terms of art shows and after such a heavy year, I just wanted to chill and dedicate my time to school, commissions and a few personal projects that have been patiently waiting for some of my attention . . . but somethings are much easier said than done and well, what do you know? I'm back on the walls of galleries. Hahahaha! So much for that, huh?

Anywoo, last Friday I participated in an art show titled "Hometown Heroes" at Art Attack Gallery in San Francisco (I've included some pics on this post) and I must say (despite the fact that I was dead tired) I really enjoyed illustrating in front of a live audience. I must say the experience was nothing like I was expecting it. In the past when people have approached me at ComicCon or at various shows for sketches, its been somewhat nerve-wrecking for me. I have major respect for the work I produce, as well as my fans and clients that I prefer to take my time researching and refining each element of the piece to look its very best. Such a task is hard to accomplish when you have to produce right on the spot; within a few minutes, and you are as slow as a turtle as I am. Ugh! But despite the anxiety attacks and the terrifying thoughts that haunted my mind minutes before the show, it all went pretty well. I got to meet a few of my fans, said hello to my (art) buddies, talked junk for a bit and created. What more would I want, really?

So there ya go. That's what's up. I have a couple of fun and interesting things in the works, as well as upcoming shows in the next few weeks. I will try my very best to keep you guys up to date on here, but in case I (epic) fail check me out on facebook or you can follow me on instagram.










No comments: