Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yeah! I know. I know . . . Blewh! Eos! Blewh! I don't know how many times I am going to have to do this, but you all better get use to it . . . again, my apologies for keeping this blog so entertaining it should win an award . . . NOT! The truth is that (at least in my case) is very hard to keep up with all social media venues, and still be able to give my heart and soul into the artwork. There is a saying, "We become what we repeatedly do." and eventually I will get the hang out of this, but for the time being, please, lovelies-please bare with me . . .

So, I have new and exciting things to share both on a personal and professional level.  About two weeks ago, my partner in crime Big C made a quick trip to Southern Cali which tragically took us over 13 hours when in reality it should have been a 6 hour (tops) trip. O'well. Anyway, we drove down there to celebrate our two year anniversary and support our good friend and colleague Jerome Lu and everyone at BAIT during the  BAIT x STREET FIGHTER show. We had a blast!!! I felt like my normal nerdbot-self, not only because I got to kick Lap's @$$ (numerous times. Yay! Me!) on the Street Fighter arcade. O'Yeah! I'M SO BOSS! Hahahahaha! But also because I got to see, hang out and talk junk with my "brother from another mother" and soulmate in the bizz, Sket One. The following day, we made our escape over to the LACMA: Stanley Kubrick exhibit where I (apparently) bugged too many people. MOA! HA! HA! HA! Not that was my design, but many were becoming annoyed with my "picture-taking on steroids" What can I say? I am a huge fan of Kubrick and his stuff is pure art. Anyway, I will share pics of our fun trip in the next couple of days.

Moving on . . . I am happy to announce that I've done it again. Bahahahahaha! Yup! I'm bad that way. Last year I was part of numerous art shows and exhibits and wanted to concentrate more on my art studies as well as more personal projects and resume gallery shows 2014 . . . but, I just can't say no when the curators look at me with them anime-sparkling eyes. Uuuuh! They know how to work their spell on me. *lol* Anyway, after that unnecessary rant just there, I am happy to announce that I will be having several pieces included, as well as taking part in the live painting section in the upcoming Art Attack SF Gallery "HELLO CITY" art show which is heavily inspired by all Hello Kitty and Sanrio yum!

Here are some details . . .

Opening Reception :
Friday, March 1 (6pm-9pm)

Live Custom Painting/Sculpting
Saturday, March 2 (1pm-7pm)

Facebook Event Page :
Art Attack Sf presents "HELLO CITY" : Sanrio Inspired Showcase

So yup! Though in person,  I am as shy as a clam it is always very nice to meet new fans, as well as being able to say hi to those of you who have supported me throughout the years. I know many can say these words while carrying no weight or depth, but believe me when I say that you guys are my inspiration and the true art behind every single piece I create. Its true that there is no artist without the art, but there is no art without an audience. Thank you so much guys, really. I'm humbled and honored by your continuous support, enthusiasm and faith in all that I create. I LOVE YOU ALL TONS!


P.S.
Before I forget again, I want to kindly thank the sweetest, most helpful (museum) security I have ever met. Rickie Williams, thank you so much for your hospitality, help and support while we were visiting LACMA. You sir rock like a hurricane. We appreciate you SO MUCH! Thank you for everything! ❤




No comments: