Monday, May 6, 2013

Ta! Da! I'm back! Unlike my other entries I will keep this one simple and short. Been doing some traveling, working on tons of stuff and new projects since my last post. I have so much to share with you (including photos) and I can't wait to share everything with you guys.

So, last month (April) I was very fortunate to visit my good ol' pal Kirby who aside from being one rad dude is also the co-owner of one awesome gallery by the name of RotofugiBig C and I flew to the windy city to support our boy Clay for his (Dayum awesome!) Squadt Assembly Show. Man! O' man! What a show that was. The installation was top notch and the Squadts? . . . to die for.  Here are some of the pics I was able to snapped. I promise, you wont be disappointed . . .





Awesome, right? Told ya! Anyway,  moving along . . . Saturday was May 4th and as many of you already know I am a (((HUGE))) lover for all things Star Wars. Given the fact that San Francisco is pretty much the center of creation when it comes to Star Wars it was obvious that it was going to be a memorable day over here. So Big C and I headed over to Super 7 not only because these dudes are hella rad, but because our boy Jerome was doing a live painting of this ubber rad Star Wars, character collage. OMG! Let me tell ya. It was insane over there. They had some amazing SW merchandise and to make things even more heart attack prone Steve Sansweet from Rancho Obi-Wan was there with some pretty rad collectibles. I was beginning to feel emotional the minute I saw the Stormtroopers, Biker Scouts, Sandtroopers, and Arc Troopers (courtesy of Vader's 501st, Golden Gate Garrison Chapter) standing outside the doors of Super 7. I swear, it took every fiber of my being to not cry like a little girl on X-mas day after getting her first My Little Pony. O' Gosh! But I managed to hold the waterworks then once inside the store I got PWND! Hahahahahaha! There are many, many, many artists I solely admired, adored and definitely look up to and one of those artists happens to be Ralph McQuarrie. Well, guess what? Super 7 had at least eleven prints of McQuarrie's original SW concept art. Of course after my eyes saw them and couldn't help becoming weak sauce . . . those tears started rolling. I almost managed to keep them hidden from the 20+ people that were at the store at that moment, but my lovely Big C thought it was cute to shout out loud, "O' look. She is crying!!!" Great! Thanks, man . . . NOT! That was embarrassing, but I was too distracted by the awesomeness of the moment, the store, the people and the collectibles that I soon, forgot all about my embarrassment and how much I wanted to kick Big C's @$$.

Overall, Saturday was an AMAZING, memorable day.  Got to see Jerome kill it on that SW piece, engulfed myself in positive, creative vibes, drooled all over myself before the grand presence of all the troopers, and was deeply honored by Shadoe's request to draw one of my sketch on his sketchbook. It feels great when a fan comes up to me and asks me to sketch something up for them, but when another artist; especially the caliber of Shadoe, asks me to do that, that just humbles me. Why? Because it takes A LOT to fool someone who understands composition, the relationship of space and color and how to work that pencil. Yup. It was a good day . . . here is the recap through the images . . .

Big shout outs to my bebes at Kidrobot San Francisco; especially you, Luke for taking care of me and making some yummy tea just for me. Also, much love to the Super 7 crew, especially Josh and Luke for all the help in getting our order ready and for letting me change my shirt in your secret closet. *kekekekeke* And the love continues on to the sexy Troopers from Golden Gate Garrison and my newest fan Che who was extra sweet towards my work and even went as far as calling me "Awesome" *sheesh* Thank you, Che!*blush* *blush*


P.S
Next time I say that I am keeping it short and sweet, don't believe me. \(o.O)/

No comments: